About Me

My photo
Senior primary teacher, interested in tech in education, helping kids reach their potential.

Sunday 22 October 2017

The Wonder of Wonderful Words!



It’s one thing to say be kind; it’s another to actually put it into practice. We talk about this a lot in LA8. We have been making our Random Acts of Kindness commercials for several weeks now. This week we are off around the school to be the leaders in #operationfriendliness and showcase our commercials and suggest ways students can be kind to one another. Next week is the big week! It’s #operationfriendliness week! Our aim as a class is to raise awareness to how small, authentic acts of kindness can change people’s days for the better and it motivates them to be kind and so on. We believe kindness is contagious and we can’t wait to observe the ripple effect this will have.
Image result for Wonder precepts 
We are currently reading a book called Wonder. It’s about a young boy who was born with severe facial deformities. It follows his introduction back to school in Year 5 and the inner strength he must show in the face of unkind students and members of the community. As we read on we may just reveal that luckily for August there are some very kind students in his new school who may just make his days a little better.

It’s always a good reminder to treat others the way we want to be treated and this includes the way we use our words. I often remind those around me that words can not be “sucked back in”- once they are out, they are out for good. Likewise kind words can really lift the spirits of others- they cost nothing and are so easy to use!
Image result for Wonder precepts


So what’s your Random Act of Kindness going to be today? Let us know in the comments below on paper, scissors… 












x

17 comments:

  1. Ethan shaw-walker24 October 2017 at 14:08

    wonder is such a interesting book we are doing a poster for the movie coming out on November 17

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so col mrs gill i had so much fun ding it aswell i cant wait to finish the book and watch the movie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're enjoying the book. Yes, it's fun being kind, isn't it!

      Delete
  3. This book is so interesting, our #operationfriendliness is so much fun. Cant wait for week 4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'm really excited to see so much kindness going on.

      Delete
  4. What an absolutely beautiful message to spread not just throughout Tapping, but the rest of the world too!! Also, what a better way to show how little acts and selfishness, kindness, or even humour can change how someone's feeling or how their day goes, so make sure that is always positive! I love how La8-is discussing it and trying to help those in need of a little love and kindness as usual! You guys are all so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ffion! I'm excited to see the impact next week. I'll post about it next week, so stay tuned.

      Delete
  5. I love when lily comes home and ask if we can see the movie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey mrs g, I know that this post was ages ago but #opertaionfriendliness isn't ages ago! It's everyday! Haha
    "Wonder" is amazing it was really upsetting when we found out about daisy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the book. mrs Gill I hope you still use the blog in your new school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lily! I will always use the blog, I've been overdue for a post haven't I? I can't wait to see the movie!

      Delete
  8. Hi Mrs Gill, so sorry I haven't commented sooner. I've been neck deep in homework ever since I started year 7 and it's not the most pleasing thing in the world to say the least. How's Pancake-I-wanna going? I'm hoping your class is doing well, are you reading any books? I'm currently reading 'Insomnia' by Stephen king and it is A-MA-ZING! Not one for the faint-hearted or young by any means but still pretty awesome. The library at my school lets you borrow 5 books at a time and I'm in heaven. Anyways, I have homework to do so I best end this comment here but best wishes to your class and yourself and I will try my best to comment again sometime soon!
    Sending love and kindness from back here in Perth :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey!
    Just wondering if you have a different blog site or something! I wanna know what’s going on!

    ReplyDelete